On Friday, as Kevin and Guy both noted, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney released his 2011 tax returns to the American public. Not only did we learn that the former Massachusetts governor paid taxes every single year since 1990, thus discrediting the Senate Majority Leader’s preposterous accusations, but he also paid $2 million in taxes last year alone and gave about $4 million (or nearly 30% of his annual income) to charity. In any case, now that we have these new figures, which presidential candidate paid the highest tax rate and gave the...
Actually, we are encouraged to tithe, which is somewhat different than required. You can be a Mormon and not pay tithing. Fast offerings, which are set aside for the poor (we fast and then donate the equivalent -- or more if we can--- to feed and clothe the poor, either in our own congregation or elsewhere in the world.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 13 hours ago