On Friday, as Kevin and Guy both noted, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney released his 2011 tax returns to the American public. Not only did we learn that the former Massachusetts governor paid taxes every single year since 1990, thus discrediting the Senate Majority Leader’s preposterous accusations, but he also paid $2 million in taxes last year alone and gave about $4 million (or nearly 30% of his annual income) to charity. In any case, now that we have these new figures, which presidential candidate paid the highest tax rate and gave the...
Actually, we are encouraged to tithe, which is somewhat different than required. You can be a Mormon and not pay tithing. Fast offerings, which are set aside for the poor (we fast and then donate the equivalent -- or more if we can--- to feed and clothe the poor, either in our own congregation or elsewhere in the world.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago