On Friday, as Kevin and Guy both noted, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney released his 2011 tax returns to the American public. Not only did we learn that the former Massachusetts governor paid taxes every single year since 1990, thus discrediting the Senate Majority Leader’s preposterous accusations, but he also paid $2 million in taxes last year alone and gave about $4 million (or nearly 30% of his annual income) to charity. In any case, now that we have these new figures, which presidential candidate paid the highest tax rate and gave the...
Actually, we are encouraged to tithe, which is somewhat different than required. You can be a Mormon and not pay tithing. Fast offerings, which are set aside for the poor (we fast and then donate the equivalent -- or more if we can--- to feed and clothe the poor, either in our own congregation or elsewhere in the world.
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 4 hours ago