New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
Maryanne... Taxes and regulation killed my successful small business and the 2008 crash destroyed ALL the equity in our home. But the final straw???? I am too proud to take welfare and hand outs or not pay my own mortgage debts, so moved to VA. More jobs (directly for or tied dramatically to the Federal govt.). I'd have to make $20K more in CA to break even after taxes, and cost of living expenses, to match VA net. That is not even including rents that are higher there than here. We did leave some family... that's hard... I pray you'll get the direction you need to make a decision and have peace with it.
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 34 minutes ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago