New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
It is the sheer, raw arrogance of power-hungry liberals, like Bloomberg that has me ready to arm myself and my family. Not to hunt. I will protect my home from looters, vandals and their ilk if this nation becomes a riot-infested state like Greece. I will not go down like an Iranian or Syrian citizen, fighting government guns with rocks, if this nation becomes an intolerable dictatorship. If you think it cannot happen here, just look at the violence encouraged and supported by Democrat Union leaders, and elected persons in MI, including Mr. Obama's rhetoric fuel on the fire just days ago.
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 29 minutes ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Biofuels producers: No really, this is the year biofuels are going to take off, for serious Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Why not Mike Pence in 2016? Allahpundit 3 hours ago