New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
It is the sheer, raw arrogance of power-hungry liberals, like Bloomberg that has me ready to arm myself and my family. Not to hunt. I will protect my home from looters, vandals and their ilk if this nation becomes a riot-infested state like Greece. I will not go down like an Iranian or Syrian citizen, fighting government guns with rocks, if this nation becomes an intolerable dictatorship. If you think it cannot happen here, just look at the violence encouraged and supported by Democrat Union leaders, and elected persons in MI, including Mr. Obama's rhetoric fuel on the fire just days ago.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 8 hours ago