The crowd was noteworthy. They got involved early and often in the debate with a mostly pro-McMahon bent. Early on, McMahon criticized her opponent for not putting forward a jobs plan and the audience erupted. Multiple times, moderator Mark Davis had to ask the crowd...
In response to:
Linda McMahon is better than Mike Castle (R-Delaware) The GOP must embrace a bigger tent on social issues -- and there's nothing wrong with that. . . Remember two maxims from Master William F. Buckley: 1. Support the conservative who is the most electable 2. Not criminalizing something does not meat that we endorse or accept it. This is true in regards to homosexual relationships and pro-choice on abortion - I am convinced that the Republicans can get rid of this wedge issue by asserting that Republicans are the REAL Pro-Choice party -- pro-life, pro-business, pro-free market.
Republican Linda McMahon and Democrat Chris Murphy clashed in front of a riled-up crowd Monday night in the race to replace the retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman. Murphy made some obvious factual errors that he was not called out on while McMahon stumbled once or twice - but for the most part, the candidates held serve.
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago