Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
The Nazis didn't start out killing people. They started out getting elected by making a lot of promises they couldn't keep, just like Obamanation and the Dems. Lots of totalitarians wear smiley faces to begin with but when they feel strong enough, the mask drops and the killings begin. Invariably, disarming the population is one of their first steps so that all force resides with the government and criminals, eventually interchangeable.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Great news: You’re paying for a 1 year experiment to find out if the universe is a hologram Jazz Shaw 39 mins ago
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago