It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
Correction: Ted Kennedy left a woman to die and was reelected again and again and again ad infinitum ad nauseum. The King of Massachusetts.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago