What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
If the pay and benefits are so bad why do they so desperately clinging to such a job? Government elective office was never meant to be a career but a calling one did in the service of country for a period of time and then back to the private sector.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 26 mins ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Mitt Romney takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago