What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
If the pay and benefits are so bad why do they so desperately clinging to such a job? Government elective office was never meant to be a career but a calling one did in the service of country for a period of time and then back to the private sector.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago