Obama's assessment of the economy reminds many of 2008 Republican presidential candidate John McCain's characterization of the economy. In September 2008, the investment firm Lehman Brothers was collapsing. Wall Street was shaking as the yet-to-be-declared recession deepened, but McCain said: "I think,...
Fuzzy math and bad statistic but Obama Bin Lyin's administration stays on message to those with limited attention spans. The administration with the aid of the Green Czar has "created" thousands of green jobs by moving garbage collectors to the rolls (see Cong. testimony). Of course those same employees are still counted as having regular jobs in another column. Much like HHS head counting medicare money-Obamacare funds twice. If this were a private sector accounting practice someone would be in jail.
After President Barack Obama said, "The private sector is doing fine," he later quickly regrouped. "The economy is not doing fine (emphasis added). That's the reason I had the press conference." But Obama said he was particularly concerned about losses in the public sector. The cluelessness is absolutely stunning. Obama is wrong about both the private and public sector.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 20 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 21 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 22 hours ago