Jonathan put it better: "Well, let's say that single mothers are more vulnerable to economic shocks and are more concerned about the safety net." Much more diplomatic. Single voters were...
America that was married never dipped below about 93 percent. Since then, marriage has been steadily declining. Today, about half the population is single. The unmarried represented about 40 percent of the electorate . . . _________________________________________________________ Which also goes a long way in explaining why there are so many guys in prison and some of the other social problems we experience. The break up of the family.
Discussing the role of single people in the election of 2012 on my weekly podcast with Jay Nordlinger "Need to Know" (available on Ricochet.com or Nationalreview.com), your humble columnist chose the insensitive way to address it. Chatting with Jonathan V. Last of The Weekly Standard about his piece "A Nation of Singles," I popped off that "Single mothers want the state to be their husbands and father to their children."
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 13 hours ago