Jonathan put it better: "Well, let's say that single mothers are more vulnerable to economic shocks and are more concerned about the safety net." Much more diplomatic. Single voters were...
America that was married never dipped below about 93 percent. Since then, marriage has been steadily declining. Today, about half the population is single. The unmarried represented about 40 percent of the electorate . . . _________________________________________________________ Which also goes a long way in explaining why there are so many guys in prison and some of the other social problems we experience. The break up of the family.
Discussing the role of single people in the election of 2012 on my weekly podcast with Jay Nordlinger "Need to Know" (available on Ricochet.com or Nationalreview.com), your humble columnist chose the insensitive way to address it. Chatting with Jonathan V. Last of The Weekly Standard about his piece "A Nation of Singles," I popped off that "Single mothers want the state to be their husbands and father to their children."
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago