The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:32 AM
Hello, Edward, I'm a liberal, and I teach statistics/politics/policy. I love data, and seek facts. Would you care to share some 'fact' that liberals disagree with? Thanks. M

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:31 AM
As for my knowledge of economics and politics: https://blogs.commons.georgetown.edu/markcarlrom/

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:29 AM
Hello, Luscious Lars, I'm sorry we can't have a better conversation. I doubt you, or DogSix, or any others here will be interested in knowing that I'm a serious and skilled scholar, but in case you do, here's my professional website: https://blogs.commons.georgetown.edu/markcarlrom/

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:21 AM
Hello, Restore, ALL the major scientific organizations concur that climate change is happening and that it is caused humans. ALL of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change NO scientific organizations disagree. NONE of them. It's a not a few scientists we're talking about.

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:18 AM
May I please try? 1. Social Security, which has pulled millions of elderly persons of out poverty. 2. Medicare, which provides health insurance for the elderly. 3. Universal K-12 education. As for California: Here's a list of the biggest companies in California. Oh, they are real losers! http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2012/states/CA.html

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:14 AM
Um...Tom. Let me say this quite gently: the weather in Tipton County, IN does not really have much connection to -- as you so sweetly put it -- 'globull warming'.

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:13 AM
Wow. Providing information is 'cramming their views down throats' and is a 'sick bunch of fascists'? Hey, I agree with you that those who eat at McDonalds are not exactly concerned about calories, but the posting is not exactly the Gulag, yo uknow?

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:11 AM
O-Care? What? Universal healthcare -- adopted by EVERY other wealthy country -- is population control?

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:08 AM
Darby: Your wit is matched only by your intelligence. Question: Am I praising you, or making fun of you? I look forward to your answer!

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:06 AM
Luscious Lars, Have you ever had a discussion with, like, you know, a real person who is a liberal? I am one, and I know LOTS of liberals. NO ONE believes the things you claim. You are making sweeping and incorrect claims. It might be helpful if you got out more and talked to actual liberals? Care to talk with me on the phone?

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:04 AM
Right, China. Like anyone in the US is proposing to be like China.