The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:58 AM
Hello, everyone... Well, I'm signing off for the day...I've enjoyed reading your comments! I've learned that: 1. If there are smart and thoughtful conservatives, they are not posting on this site. 2. The views expressed in these comments look pretty insane now, and will look even more crazy in the coming years! Here's a little humor for you on both points: http://www.theonion.com/articles/gay-marriage-opponents-warn-supreme-court-ruling-c,32967/ http://www.theonion.com/articles/scalia-thomas-roberts-alito-suddenly-realize-they,32972/

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:49 AM
Comp: If you mean by 'no knowledge' someone who actually studies politics and economics, and pays attention to data, and examines issues from multiple perspectives, then yeah you are correct. Correct in a pretty idiotic kind of way, but correct.

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:47 AM
Hello, Mitchell, Thanks for your decent and kind answer. At last! I've found someone here who disagrees with me without demonizing me. You've restored my faith in humanity Mitchell. Take care, and have a good day. Best, Mark

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:44 AM
Laughing...Hey Compcon and 45caliber: You really should try visiting Sweden. Or Norway. Or Germany. Or Finland. Or France. Or Switzerland. Or...hey, let me just say it: Any country outside the small town you live in.

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:40 AM
Hello, Cactusspines, My mother died three years ago, but thanks for asking. They gave me love, a great family, a solid set of values, and an excellent education. The money? I earned it the old fashioned way: by working hard.

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:38 AM
I know, I shouldn't even bother: https://blogs.commons.georgetown.edu/markcarlrom/

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:36 AM
Hello, Raven, I'm a liberal. I got up at 5 this morning so that I could take one son to sports practice (crew) and my other son to work in his chemistry lab. I think we have the self-control thing down pretty well, you know? Best, Mark

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:35 AM
Hello 45caliber, Conservatives want to make these 'decisions for other people' Women cannot have abortions. Gays cannot get married. Aren't conservatives eager to make these decisions for other people?

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:33 AM
My bad! "You think I'm evil simply because I disagree with you? Are all people who disagree with you evil?

The Mindset of the Left

ArkMark Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 11:32 AM
Hello, Edward, I'm a liberal, and I teach statistics/politics/policy. I love data, and seek facts. Would you care to share some 'fact' that liberals disagree with? Thanks. M