That is just the attitude that I saw many times and I taught on the outskirts of Atlanta also. I did grade homework, but did not count it as much as classwork, because the parents often did the work. That's alright if the student is there learning, but the student should not be given as much credit when he has not done the work. The real test is if the student can do the work in class with little help. Only when parents and teachers are working together for the benefit of the student is there real progress.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 12 hours ago