That is just the attitude that I saw many times and I taught on the outskirts of Atlanta also. I did grade homework, but did not count it as much as classwork, because the parents often did the work. That's alright if the student is there learning, but the student should not be given as much credit when he has not done the work. The real test is if the student can do the work in class with little help. Only when parents and teachers are working together for the benefit of the student is there real progress.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- NYT: Hillary conducted official State business on her private e-mail account — all of it Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Video: First TV ad against Hillary asks her the question the press won’t Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- CPAC interview: Gregory Angelo of Log Cabin Republicans on their relations with CPAC Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Rejoice: Intelligence chief claims Americans who fought in Syria are no threat to U.S. Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: There’s a new sheriff in town, and he’s annoying Allahpundit 7 hours ago