That is just the attitude that I saw many times and I taught on the outskirts of Atlanta also. I did grade homework, but did not count it as much as classwork, because the parents often did the work. That's alright if the student is there learning, but the student should not be given as much credit when he has not done the work. The real test is if the student can do the work in class with little help. Only when parents and teachers are working together for the benefit of the student is there real progress.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Luis Gutierrez helpfully creates “toolkit” to aid illegals avoiding deportation Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Do we all hold “these truths” of natural law to be self-evident lately? Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Don’t get your hopes up. Chuck Schumer is no improvement over Harry Reid Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Video: Protests over Indiana version of RFRA seem to miss one important point Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Where in the world is former congressman Walter Fauntroy? Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago