There are always about half the parents who insist their children do their work in school and their homework. They help them at home and make sure they study for tests. About a fourth work with their kids some of the time, but are not consistent. About a fourth of them make excuses for their kids, never check to see that their child is learning or is doing the work, and are the first to blame the teacher if their child gets a bad grade. Some of these parents admit that their kids have a temper tantrum or lie to them about whether they have done their work and they have no idea about what to do about it. Some of these go all year and never come for a conference, and refuse to meet with the teacher about their child's problems.
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 10 mins ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago