There are always about half the parents who insist their children do their work in school and their homework. They help them at home and make sure they study for tests. About a fourth work with their kids some of the time, but are not consistent. About a fourth of them make excuses for their kids, never check to see that their child is learning or is doing the work, and are the first to blame the teacher if their child gets a bad grade. Some of these parents admit that their kids have a temper tantrum or lie to them about whether they have done their work and they have no idea about what to do about it. Some of these go all year and never come for a conference, and refuse to meet with the teacher about their child's problems.
- CNN poll: How would you rule in Ferguson case, despite not having access to any evidence? Noah Rothman 10 mins ago
- Time to play Who Wants To Be A Defense Secretary Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Open thread: Ferguson grand jury announcement expected within hours Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- More evidence that the left wants to get into your bedroom Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Ted Cruz: The Senate must block all presidential nominees until Obama rescinds his amnesty Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama: Voters want a new-car smell in 2016 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago