There are always about half the parents who insist their children do their work in school and their homework. They help them at home and make sure they study for tests. About a fourth work with their kids some of the time, but are not consistent. About a fourth of them make excuses for their kids, never check to see that their child is learning or is doing the work, and are the first to blame the teacher if their child gets a bad grade. Some of these parents admit that their kids have a temper tantrum or lie to them about whether they have done their work and they have no idea about what to do about it. Some of these go all year and never come for a conference, and refuse to meet with the teacher about their child's problems.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Newsworthy: WaPo builds cute tool for comparing your home’s size to Mitt Romney’s Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Shameless: Harry Reid now demanding amendment votes he blocked for years Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Is Democratic infighting behind closed doors about to become public? Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- GoDaddy feels the sting of politically correct America Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- CBO: 10 million will lose employer-based coverage under ObamaCare by 2021 Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago