There are always about half the parents who insist their children do their work in school and their homework. They help them at home and make sure they study for tests. About a fourth work with their kids some of the time, but are not consistent. About a fourth of them make excuses for their kids, never check to see that their child is learning or is doing the work, and are the first to blame the teacher if their child gets a bad grade. Some of these parents admit that their kids have a temper tantrum or lie to them about whether they have done their work and they have no idea about what to do about it. Some of these go all year and never come for a conference, and refuse to meet with the teacher about their child's problems.
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Update: Tomorrow Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 4 hours ago