There are always about half the parents who insist their children do their work in school and their homework. They help them at home and make sure they study for tests. About a fourth work with their kids some of the time, but are not consistent. About a fourth of them make excuses for their kids, never check to see that their child is learning or is doing the work, and are the first to blame the teacher if their child gets a bad grade. Some of these parents admit that their kids have a temper tantrum or lie to them about whether they have done their work and they have no idea about what to do about it. Some of these go all year and never come for a conference, and refuse to meet with the teacher about their child's problems.
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago