Amen! Unless parents start insisting their children do the work to the best of their ability and expect their children really learn we won't see any improvement. Many parents expect the school to do everything for the child while they have no involvement in their child's education. Teachers should also stand their ground when administrators insist on the lowering of standards. If they provide documentation that the work is not being done, the good grade belongs to the principal. I asked a principal what grade she would like the student in question to have and I told her that I would make a notation that this was her grade and she never asked me to change another grade. I guess you might have to be ready to change schools or find another job, but maybe teachers need to stand their ground and defend their beliefs.
- Federal judge upholds Obama’s executive amnesty over challenge from Joe Arpaio Allahpundit 59 mins ago
- Jeb Bush retools his portfolio for a 2016 run Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Are we underestimating ISIS? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Judge orders AirBnB renter to stop “profiteering” Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Merry Christmas! Ed Morrissey Dec 25, 2014
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit Dec 24, 2014