Amen! Unless parents start insisting their children do the work to the best of their ability and expect their children really learn we won't see any improvement. Many parents expect the school to do everything for the child while they have no involvement in their child's education. Teachers should also stand their ground when administrators insist on the lowering of standards. If they provide documentation that the work is not being done, the good grade belongs to the principal. I asked a principal what grade she would like the student in question to have and I told her that I would make a notation that this was her grade and she never asked me to change another grade. I guess you might have to be ready to change schools or find another job, but maybe teachers need to stand their ground and defend their beliefs.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Is Rubio’s moment coming or has it already passed? Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Google may be the sole remaining superpower Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Huckabee calls for Supreme Court term limits Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Robert Reich: A few hundred Westerners joining ISIS ‘not a big deal’ Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Peace on Earth: Saudis won’t rule out building nukes. Oh, and we’re negotiating for Iran. Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago