I think that Juan (and many other supposedly 'professional' reporters) is overlooking a very important fact: our founders didn't have a 'professional reporting class' to prop up one side or the other and that isn't what 'freedom of the press' covers. In this day and age, bloggers are exactly the kind of 'press' our founders were familiar with; they are the pamphleteers of our current age. Given the crap coverage of our NEWs by the failing National Media, I'm all for calling them 'professional' but their job title should be more closely aligned with the OLDEST profession, as it were.
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago