I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
No world order? Is that what Clownhallers call limited government these days?
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago