Nationwide, the average top marginal rate will rise from 41.8% to 47.8%. In New York, California and Hawaii, the top marginal income tax...
In response to:
I have a solution. Let them tax themselves into oblivion; erect a fence around both states; don't give them any federal money; and see how long they last.
A new study out from economists at Lynchburg College calculates the effective top marginal tax rates on various forms of income. While most of the media focuses on the federal top marginal income tax rate, Professors Gerald Prante and Austin John have factored in all of the taxes both nationwide and in each individual state and found that the average rate across the country will approach 50% - surpassing it in three different states.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago