In response to:
There was a financial surprise in 2008. Obama had worked for acorn, which made banks make bad loans; the whole program pushed by the dems. All of this bad paper was sold by wall-street ( again, mostly dems. ) to the world financial markets which eventually ( in a few years ) caused the panic in 2008. Bush was president and repubs got the blame.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago