Sensing the wounds of betrayal beginning to fester among many within the conservative base -- his biggest fans and strongest advocates over the last three years -- Sen. Marco Rubio has personally penned a "Dear Friends" letter to try to assuage their concerns about both his intentions and the contents of the bill he helped craft. Rubio calls the immigration reform effort "a real trial" for him, expressing regret that many of his natural allies are furious with him for his role in the 'Gang of Eight.' The full letter is available HERE. A few excerpts, via NRO:
I've never been big on issues like term limits or flat/sales taxes; but the corruption of this administration screams for these types of solutions!
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago