Wow, what a great article! As a woman who worked before and then made the decision with my husband to stay home with our children, I've never worked harder, had my beliefs and opinions challenged more and sacrificed more financially so I could stay at home. Mothers who cannot afford to stay home, and those that do, should not be tearing each other down - they both deserve the support and respect for what they do every day. The comments and remarks Ms. Rosen made are incredibly ignorant (given her position) and will only been seen as spiteful and petty - and that position conveys weakness and insecurity. She should graciously concede that she committed a major faux pas and thereby gain back any of the authority she hopes to convey.
Yes, yes, we know that the President is working hard to consolidate support among female voters -- but Obama adviser Hilary Rosen's remarks about Ann Romney "never work[ing] a day in her life" are cynical, shameful, appalling, divisive and above all . . . ignorant. They constitute the newest iteration of the long-running, ugly and gratuitous left-wing attack on women who have made the very important choice to stay home in order to raise their children themselves.
Perhaps the most insulting implication of Rosen's remarks (from which she shows no sign of retreating)...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014