I strongly disagree with this woman. These people came here illegally. God says to "Obey the laws of the land." They're not coming here to benefit and support this country. They are coming here to drain it. God also says that if you don't work, you don't eat. I think Americans come first right now and until this country is again on its feet - immigrants need to stay in their own country and solve their own problems. Let's not rewrite the Bible to suit our needs or beliefs. Where God has placed a period, don't put a question mark! We have become a foolish people and our generousity is being mistaken for stupidy and rightfully so.
On Wednesday evening former Secretary of State Condi Rice picked a fight with a large and vocal section of the Republican base, and I’m glad she did. This confrontation is long overdue. Zero-tolerance law-and-order rhetoric about the immigration issue has become the standard for talk radio and other conservative circles, and I think that this fact puts much of the conservative movement at odds with two of its most important foundations: a view of compassion derived from the Biblical tradition, and a commitment to economic freedom and limited government as an optimistic upward path to prosperity.
Here’s what she said:...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago