I strongly disagree with this woman. These people came here illegally. God says to "Obey the laws of the land." They're not coming here to benefit and support this country. They are coming here to drain it. God also says that if you don't work, you don't eat. I think Americans come first right now and until this country is again on its feet - immigrants need to stay in their own country and solve their own problems. Let's not rewrite the Bible to suit our needs or beliefs. Where God has placed a period, don't put a question mark! We have become a foolish people and our generousity is being mistaken for stupidy and rightfully so.
On Wednesday evening former Secretary of State Condi Rice picked a fight with a large and vocal section of the Republican base, and I’m glad she did. This confrontation is long overdue. Zero-tolerance law-and-order rhetoric about the immigration issue has become the standard for talk radio and other conservative circles, and I think that this fact puts much of the conservative movement at odds with two of its most important foundations: a view of compassion derived from the Biblical tradition, and a commitment to economic freedom and limited government as an optimistic upward path to prosperity.
Here’s what she said:...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Less than a week before the midterms, Obama backs off deportations of illegal immigrants Noah Rothman 21 mins ago
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- In two New York districts, two trouncings to warm your heart Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago