Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
So the thousands of verified stories of gun-owners protecting themselves yearly are of no concern to you? Sure, let's "regulate hard", and leave all the 10's of millions of guns and billions of rounds of ammo that will last for a century for the bad guys. We recently had a home invasion in my relatively safe community. Would you prefer to be raped, tortured, and killed than have a fighting chance with your gun? You liberals remind me of the '60's peaceniks. I remember the mantra, "Let's just lay down our weapons and other will do the same". You are living in another world.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago