If you fail to see the picture as clearly as the president, you may be an extremist or, more than likely, you're too feeble-minded to withstand the Jedi mind tricks employed by gun merchants or radio talk show hosts or the National Rifle Association or all those folks "ginning up fear" on the issue, according to a president who trots out 7-year-olds to shield...
Fine article, Mr. Harsanyi. In addition to this article properly exposing "the biggest platitude in the history of nannyism," I highly recommend "Scoundrel Time: Everybody out of the pool--it's not safe for the children" by Larry Thornberry over at the American Spectator. (www.spectator.org/ archives/2013/01/17/scoundrel-time).
When Barack Obama implored Americans to "do the right thing" on gun restriction during a news conference this week, the "right thing" should have been obvious to everyone. Absolute moral authority -- it's the only way to go.
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago