If you fail to see the picture as clearly as the president, you may be an extremist or, more than likely, you're too feeble-minded to withstand the Jedi mind tricks employed by gun merchants or radio talk show hosts or the National Rifle Association or all those folks "ginning up fear" on the issue, according to a president who trots out 7-year-olds to shield...
Fine article, Mr. Harsanyi. In addition to this article properly exposing "the biggest platitude in the history of nannyism," I highly recommend "Scoundrel Time: Everybody out of the pool--it's not safe for the children" by Larry Thornberry over at the American Spectator. (www.spectator.org/ archives/2013/01/17/scoundrel-time).
When Barack Obama implored Americans to "do the right thing" on gun restriction during a news conference this week, the "right thing" should have been obvious to everyone. Absolute moral authority -- it's the only way to go.
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago