If you fail to see the picture as clearly as the president, you may be an extremist or, more than likely, you're too feeble-minded to withstand the Jedi mind tricks employed by gun merchants or radio talk show hosts or the National Rifle Association or all those folks "ginning up fear" on the issue, according to a president who trots out 7-year-olds to shield...
Fine article, Mr. Harsanyi. In addition to this article properly exposing "the biggest platitude in the history of nannyism," I highly recommend "Scoundrel Time: Everybody out of the pool--it's not safe for the children" by Larry Thornberry over at the American Spectator. (www.spectator.org/ archives/2013/01/17/scoundrel-time).
When Barack Obama implored Americans to "do the right thing" on gun restriction during a news conference this week, the "right thing" should have been obvious to everyone. Absolute moral authority -- it's the only way to go.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 5 hours ago