I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
grow up, carlos. prohibition doesn't make any sense, it's unconstitutional and organized crime flourishes every time we've tried it.
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 32 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago