I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
grow up, carlos. prohibition doesn't make any sense, it's unconstitutional and organized crime flourishes every time we've tried it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 12 hours ago