Back in 2010, I excoriated the new Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, noting that David Cameron was increasing tax rates and expanding the burden of government spending (including an increase in the capital gains tax!).
I also criticized Cameron for leaving in place the 50 percent income tax rate imposed by his feckless predecessor, and was not surprised when experts began to warn that this class-warfare tax hike might actually result in less revenue because the reduction in taxable income could be more significant than the increase in the tax rate.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 43 minutes ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 12 hours ago