Back in 2010, I excoriated the new Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, noting that David Cameron was increasing tax rates and expanding the burden of government spending (including an increase in the capital gains tax!).
I also criticized Cameron for leaving in place the 50 percent income tax rate imposed by his feckless predecessor, and was not surprised when experts began to warn that this class-warfare tax hike might actually result in less revenue because the reduction in taxable income could be more significant than the increase in the tax rate.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 24 mins ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Fox poll shows majority of likely voters support ground troops against ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago