Back in 2010, I excoriated the new Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, noting that David Cameron was increasing tax rates and expanding the burden of government spending (including an increase in the capital gains tax!).
I also criticized Cameron for leaving in place the 50 percent income tax rate imposed by his feckless predecessor, and was not surprised when experts began to warn that this class-warfare tax hike might actually result in less revenue because the reduction in taxable income could be more significant than the increase in the tax rate.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 9 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 11 hours ago