Armstrong's unprecedented fall from grace has precipitated...
This should be an easy $50 M for Romney to cut. (I made the number up, you get the point.) Many of Armstrongs main rivals failed drug tests. He beat them, and passed the tests. When you create a bureaucracy to police behavior; those overly legalistic 'laws' become the rules of the game and destroy any place for a sense of 'fair play'. In my opinion Armstrong probably doped, but he followed the rules in place at the time. This is just a waste of time.
Lance Armstrong, one of the greatest endurance athletes of modern times, who won the grueling Tour de France bicycle race a record seven consecutive times from 1995 to 2005, has been stripped of all awards and prizes he won during his storied cycling career. The reason for these harsh sanctions against Armstrong was a finding by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that the athlete had used illicit, performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career. Yet, because of its status as unaccountable regulatory power, the USADA never had to prove its case against Armstrong.
- Captain Kirk: Give Hillary the conn Ed Morrissey 20 minutes ago
- Dumb new controversy: Should the 9/11 Museum mention jihad? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Gabby Franco & Nikki Turpeaux, Steven Crowder, Ashley McGuire Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Has Obama decided to reject the Keystone XL pipeline already? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Must see: Phoenix VA maintains “secret waiting list” while sick veterans languish and die Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Polls: Udall vs. Gardner in a dead heat in Colorado Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago