Let us begin with the word "spend." Is the government "spending" money on people whenever it does not tax them as much as it can? Such convoluted reasoning would never pass muster if the mainstream media were not...
It is not the GOP's philosophy that "giving" more money to the rich will then trickle down and help everybody else. The idea is that when government gets out of the way people are more free to make more business contracts, more transactions, and more deals. This helps EVERYBODY. When we have true free markets, the economy BOOMS and people from ALL walks of life do better. Unless the rich got their wealth through illegal means, we should keep the governments hands off their stuff. The same goes for every citizen. If you want to be mad at somebody who is filthy rich, then get mad at the fusion between big business and big government. The government passes legislation that favors certain corporations over others. Again, the gov's fault
Anyone who wants to study the tricks of propaganda rhetoric has a rich source of examples in the statements of President Barack Obama. On Monday, July 9th, for example, he said that Republicans "believe that prosperity comes from the top down, so that if we spend trillions more on tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, that that will somehow unleash jobs and economic growth."
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 22 minutes ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago