Let us begin with the word "spend." Is the government "spending" money on people whenever it does not tax them as much as it can? Such convoluted reasoning would never pass muster if the mainstream media were not...
It is not the GOP's philosophy that "giving" more money to the rich will then trickle down and help everybody else. The idea is that when government gets out of the way people are more free to make more business contracts, more transactions, and more deals. This helps EVERYBODY. When we have true free markets, the economy BOOMS and people from ALL walks of life do better. Unless the rich got their wealth through illegal means, we should keep the governments hands off their stuff. The same goes for every citizen. If you want to be mad at somebody who is filthy rich, then get mad at the fusion between big business and big government. The government passes legislation that favors certain corporations over others. Again, the gov's fault
Anyone who wants to study the tricks of propaganda rhetoric has a rich source of examples in the statements of President Barack Obama. On Monday, July 9th, for example, he said that Republicans "believe that prosperity comes from the top down, so that if we spend trillions more on tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, that that will somehow unleash jobs and economic growth."
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago