Iran’s economy is crumbling . The energy-rich nation today produces only half as much oil as it did before the 1979 revolution. Mismanagement is the main reason. But because of American and European sanctions, exports...
I have a hard time believing much of what I read about Iran. I have seen so much double speak and outright lies about Iran on the TV and in the paper it is not even funny. People would be well advised to seek a variety of news sources on the topic of Iran. There are those in our country AND in Iran that would like to wage war against eachother and are willing to lie to the people to foster support. *Just thought I would also point out that our difficulties with Iran did NOT start when they invaded our embassy in 1979. We had been involved in covert assassination in that country for years before that. Additionally, years before, we overthrew a democratically elected leader in Iran and installed one that we liked better.
President Obama has long wanted to engage Iran. In his inaugural address, he said he was willing to “extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist.” Over and over, Iran’s rulers have demonstrated that they are not willing. He should reach out again — but this time to the Iranian people, not those who oppress them.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 6 hours ago