Who Wants War?

Anonymous908 Wrote: Sep 23, 2014 3:28 PM
I am not talking about appeasement. I never said we should let them here, let alone kill us. You are putting words in my mouth because you don't want to address my actual point.

Who Wants War?

Anonymous908 Wrote: Sep 23, 2014 3:15 PM
They are absolutely entitled to feel the same. I never disagreed with that.

Who Wants War?

Anonymous908 Wrote: Sep 23, 2014 3:02 PM
Terrorism has increased since our War on Terrorism. We are playing into their hands and going bankrupt in the process.

Who Wants War?

Anonymous908 Wrote: Sep 23, 2014 3:01 PM
Understanding the terrorists' motivation may not be useful in directly killing them or effectively defending ourselves. However, understanding their motivation is absolutely imperative if we want to stop terrorism (or at least greatly reduce it). If we kill a million terrorists and yet terrorism continues to grow then we have not effectively dealt with the problem.

Who Wants War?

Anonymous908 Wrote: Sep 23, 2014 2:55 PM
It is human nature to want revenge or retaliation when your family or country has been harmed. If you really understand human nature then you would know that our actions have consequences. You would know that if we kill an innocent person in the middle east that his friends, family, and neighbors might be willing to join he ranks of a jihad group for revenge.

Who Wants War?

Anonymous908 Wrote: Sep 23, 2014 2:55 PM

Where Have All the Allies Gone?

Anonymous908 Wrote: Sep 18, 2014 4:09 PM
When ISIS crosses the Atlantic? I hope you are kidding me. ISIS is no real threat to our country. Beheadings are theatre. They make people react. Their beheadings are no match for our weakest bombs. They are deliberately enticing us to attack them, get bogged down in expensive military occupations, and loose momentum, all while draining precious money and blood. We are playing into their plan.

Where Have All the Allies Gone?

Anonymous908 Wrote: Sep 18, 2014 4:02 PM
"Except, by their very nature they are incapable of living in peace." Who made you God? They probably say the same about the United States because we have been in an almost constant state of war for 30 years. Kids who are now going into college (18 year olds, I call them kids), we have been at war their entire lives. They do not even know the United States during a time of peace.

Where Have All the Allies Gone?

Anonymous908 Wrote: Sep 18, 2014 10:42 AM
Because we must project "strength" abroad..... or something. I agree with you. I believe we have crossed a line in which further action in the middle east will only result in greater opposition against the United States. We have such a big target on our heads because we are everywhere, in the middle of every conflict. We didn't have these problems before we had military bases in 150 countries.
Somehow I don't believe Iraqis will be "scared" into settling their differences. This is a process that must be worked out between them, alone. Outside interference will only complicate and worsen the situation. Nuclear weapons would not increase peace. It would only further anger Muslims around the world to be more sympathetic to anti-American sentiment and movements (because using nuclear weapons in this case would of course cause mass casualties of innocent people).
Awesome US government. Way to throw gasoline on the fire. I give it 6 months before we find evidence that these weapons we supply to the "moderates" fall into the hands of the extremists and are used against us. We are increasing the chance that we will have to put boots back on the ground again. I wonder if that is the plan all along. Create a justification for more war.