A platform that is both anti-war an truly limited government is a winning combination that would beat both the Dem and Repub establishments. Until we have that we don't have a good choice.
Such is the problem with Government Secrecy, CIA or not. It raises the potential for the government to do things the American public would not approve of. Should the CIA have some secrecy? Absolutely. But I think the evidence shows for itself that our CIA and the rest of the government have TOO much secrecy. They are not held accountable for anything. Too much secrecy begets a government that is not accountable for its actions. If they made unethical or unwise decisions or actions we don't get to know about it because it is classified. Or they tell us to look the other way, because what they are doing is for our own good, and it is okay to break laws if its in the name of security. Our CIA is immune from congressional oversight, able to classify any material they don't want getting out, and lacking in accountability.
The CIA is involved in the cover up precisely because they have things to cover up. The government, or CIA, for that matter does not want the American public to know what we do in secret overseas. The truth is our CIA is involved in assassinations and weapons traffic in the middle east. This is just more evidence we should not meddle like we do in the middle east. We will always get bit, get attacked, and have a growing enemy of terrorists so long as we maintain our massive presence and involvement in the internal affairs of other countries.

America Goes to Pot

Anonymous908 Wrote: Feb 04, 2014 6:35 PM
Just a quick note. There are many who use marijuana not as an 'escape' or a drug to 'zone out'. I, for one, use it as a way to help me focus on and complete projects. I am not a lazy person, am hardworking, and am accomplished. I use marijuana in the privacy of my own home to help me avoid distractions and get a little boost to get started working on a project. I am actually more active with pot than without. To assume everybody that uses pot "zones out", gets lazy, or is seeking an escape is far from accurate.

America Goes to Pot

Anonymous908 Wrote: Feb 04, 2014 6:28 PM
Bill Murchison, would you rather have a government that can tell us "free" citizens which vices we are allowed to partake in? Do you agree with the government choosing alcohol and tobacco as the two primary vices we are allowed to use? In their decision making to determine what vice should be allowed and what vice should be banned, what should be the criteria? Should this decision be based on popular vote? based on physical harm to the user? based on addictiveness? If this decision was based on any of the three criteria above then marijuana would be legal before alcohol/tobacco. I know that you do not like pot and do like other's using it as a vice. But this is when you look into the mirror and remind yourself that you area small government conservative and would not want a government that can decide what vices we can use and what vies we cannot use (assuming, of course, that one does not harm another person or their property when they use heir vice).

World Powers Surrender to Iran

Anonymous908 Wrote: Jan 24, 2014 1:22 PM
"Western diplomats, politicians, and pundits will continue to place their faith in the ability of international inspectors to stop a regime that has spent decades engaging in nuclear mendacity" Should we instead place our faith in people like Cliff May or Bibi Netanyahu who urged us to war with Iran over a decade ago because 'Iran was on the very urge of getting a nuclear weapon it plans to use against the world!' ? These individuals are most definitely war mongers.

King Libertarians Neocons

Anonymous908 Wrote: Jan 24, 2014 12:39 PM
What historical realty? Lets not pretend that World War II is anything like our situation in the Middle East. Explain to me how us maintaining long standing military occupations of third world countries has lead to less war. Or explain to me how starting a war somehow = preventing it. We have reached a point in which increasing military intervention has become counter productive. See how Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Yemen have growing terrorist groups and growing anti-American sentiment amongst the general public. All this AFTER we put troops there and ramp up the drone strikes. NOT BEFORE. We should come to expect more terrorist attacks the more we meddle in the middle east.

King Libertarians Neocons

Anonymous908 Wrote: Jan 24, 2014 12:30 PM
It depends on what kind of conservative they are. (Neo)Conservatives like Bill O'Rielly, John McCain, etc do not value our freedoms. They would rather have their personal preference forced on others. Actual small government (dare I say Libertarian minded) Conservatives like Rand Paul do value out freedoms. There is certainly a difference.

Obama Retreats from the War on Drugs

Anonymous908 Wrote: Jan 23, 2014 11:15 AM
No. In NO way is pot worse than alcohol. Its physical effects: Nobody has been killed by pot, EVER. Not even once in the entire recorded medical history of the world. On the other hand, many people die everyday from alcohol just in this country. Its mental/psychological effects, how this influences behavior: Marijuana makes some people a bit paranoid or hypervigilent, others it relaxes, others it helps them concentrate, others it makes them tired, makes most hungry. Alcohol on the other hand reduces everybodyies inhibitions, this is the same reason alcohol can be fun and the same reason alcohol can be dangerous. If we don't have inhibitions we don't think before we act, this increases the chance of aggression and violence, increases the chance of arguments and fights, and increases the chance we will act in unsafe ways like drinking and driving. It causes us not to think before speeding, or going through intersecitons. Marijuana does not decrease inhibitions but actually increases them. Marijuana makes people more passive, less likely to act impulsively. Addictiveness: Marijauana ranks below cough syrup on the addiction scale. Alcohol is near the top, just under meth. Furthermore, marijuana withdrawal will make you tired. Alcohol withdrawal can literally kill you, and does kill many people. Well I think I have pretty much established that you are full of it.
You either stand for consenting adults to make their own decisions about their life or you don't. If you are a small government conservative then you will side with decriminalization/legalization. To the author's assertion that marijuana is "terrible for your health", "highly addictive", and completed ruins lives is absurd. I use marijuana daily, I am 27, have a master's degree, am happily married, I actively practice and compete in sports, I work full time, attend Church, sometimes I find time to volunteer. Should I, as a free American adult, be allowed to spend some of my own money on marijuana to use in the privacy of my own home? Does anybody believe I should not have that right? I am a 27, have a masters degree

Negotiating With Space Nazis

Anonymous908 Wrote: Jan 15, 2014 5:35 PM
Again. I say to everybody reading this article. Iran is not committed to the destruction of Israel/United States. Iran is not about to build a nuclear weapon. And Iran has not said they want to wipe Israel or the United States off the map. THESE are examples of lies propagated in US media. Unfortunately they have been repeated so often many believe them to be true. So I challenge anybody that believes these things. Please provide proof or a source that will show us that any of this is true. Stop believing in anti-Iranian propaganda. It is everywhere. So do your homework, do your research, and make your own mind up.