Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
You can't truely believe that the benefits of alcohol outweigh the negatives of those who use it, and then turn around and say the benefits of marijuana do NOT outweigh the nagatives of those who use it. It shows ignorance about these two substances. It shows that you do not realize the harm done by alcohol, and just how harmless marijuana is.
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 38 mins ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago