A lot of cultural commentators are confused these days. They believe that people’s views on same sex marriage are solely a reflection of their religious beliefs. Nothing could be further from the truth. Actually, some things could be further from the truth – like saying that Al Sharpton has integrity or that Dan Savage has class. But you get the point. The same sex marriage debate is about politics. To call it a religious debate is to miss the point entirely. Your stance on same sex marriage should vary depending on whether you consider yourself to be a conservative, a liberal,...
Congrats, the definition of marriage aside I wish you both nothing but freedom and happiness. Someday you will get the same benefits under the law as us straight couples do. It will take some time but even now most people want everyone treated equally. Religious conservatives are just upset because the idiotic protection of marriage act was just passed and now liberty is overturning bad legislation. Most of them want the same thing you do. Equal treatment under the law.
- Scott Brown’s record on guns signals trouble in NH bid Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- 12 questions the White House press corps could have asked Obama about Obamacare Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Federal judge: Utah’s ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Why Sen. Landrieu might be pretty pumped about Sen. Baucus’s nomination to the ambassadorship to China Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- CNN reporter to Obama at press conference: What’s your New Year’s resolution? Allahpundit 16 hours ago