Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
I've read the argument that couching the war as a test of whether government by the people could long endure is nonsense. There were, and would be, others. The same author (Adams) says Lincoln asked 'What about my tariffs?" - that the north had enjoyed most of the tariffs since the 1820 compromise, including those collected at southern ports, so the south was going to be a 'free port' nation, to the destruction of the northern economy. Wow, huh?
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago