Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
I've read the argument that couching the war as a test of whether government by the people could long endure is nonsense. There were, and would be, others. The same author (Adams) says Lincoln asked 'What about my tariffs?" - that the north had enjoyed most of the tariffs since the 1820 compromise, including those collected at southern ports, so the south was going to be a 'free port' nation, to the destruction of the northern economy. Wow, huh?
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 3 hours ago