We pay outsize attention to women at the top, about whether they lean in or lean back, about whether they act like men and even about whether they act like women. After decades of feminism's telling women they can control their own destiny, scoring a seat on the fast-moving monorail to success is finally possible. But the seats are restricted. That's why so many women are so angry at Marissa Mayer, the CEO of Yahoo, who built a nursery next to her office for her baby but insists that her staff members, mothers included, leave their children behind and work at...
Many women today do feel a sense of satisfaction in raising their children in a safe, loving environment. I know I did. The main problem with full-time mothers is that men have never given any appreciation to them or for the work they do. In the past, when nearly every mother worked in the home, they were considered lazy, stupid and worthless because they had no income. Women had no rights and were the legal property of their husbands. They weren't even considered human. The only reason any woman has any rights today is because of the large number of working women. Money is freedom. Men will never put their family before money and that is where the conflict lies.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago