Perhaps. But there are millions of women in the upper middle class and the culture they create and reflect affects everyone. Besides, Slaughter deserves some credit for honesty. As she recounts in the piece, when she mentioned to a friend that she was considering writing that women can't have...
I can't understand conservatives' bi-polar view on mothers. First they say that stay at home moms are lazy, stupid and worthless then they turn around and say that mothers who work are the root of all evil. Mind you I was a stay at home mom for many years so I know exactly what I am talking about.
Anne-Marie Slaughter's eye-catching Atlantic article, "Why Women Still Can't Have It All," is being greeted with a certain reverse snobbery. We've been reminded that the choices and challenges of women with advanced degrees are hardly typical and not the sort of thing that should divert us from the problems of the middle class.
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Dems accuse David Perdue of signing girl’s “torso.” Was signing insulin pump Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quinnipiac poll: Udall not gaining on Gardner in the home stretch Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House: Obama didn’t really mean it when he said a vote for Nunn is a vote for a Dem majority Noah Rothman 4 hours ago