In the process, the fracking revolution created 1.7 million jobs in oil fields, equipment manufacturing, legal and information technology services, and other sectors. It will generate over $60 billion this year...
In response to:
Obama would never deign to live with his brother (if you mean George). That guy has a good head on his shoulders and refuses to fall into the colonialism/victimhood trap. What a shame that someone who truly has suffered and learned from the failed policies of Marxism is stuck in poverty while his spoiled brother, who has enjoyed the blessings of freedom, despises and seeks to tear down the very system from which he benefited.
Horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing have boosted shale gas production from zero a few years ago to 10% of all US energy supplies in 2012, observes energy analyst Daniel Yergin. Fracking has also increased US oil production 25% since 2008 – almost all on state and private lands, and in the face of more federal land and resource withdrawals, permitting delays and declining public land production.
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 19 hours ago