On Wednesday, in craven contradiction to that position, Boehner plans to lead the Republican-controlled House in enacting a continuing resolution that will fund the government for the rest of fiscal 2013 and that will provide the administration with the money to carry out its...
I am deeply saddened by this betrayal, but not shocked. It's a sign of our times. Boehner's "convictions" are skin deep only and can change at a moment's notice, depending on which way the political winds are blowing. He is spineless and completely lacking in moral strength. He's the type of Republican we must retire from serving, as he only serves himself and the power players, not the people.
When the Obama administration finalized its regulation requiring health care plans to provide cost-free coverage for sterilizations, contraceptives and abortion-inducing drugs, House Speaker John Boehner -- as this column noted last year -- was one of those who correctly argued that the regulation was an attack on religious freedom and that Congress must not let it stand.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 13 hours ago