Over the last few months, it has been absolutely stunning to see Mitt Romney, of all people, portrayed as some sort of greedy, ruthless, unfeeling corporate raider who plows over everyone who gets in his way so he can make a few dollars more. Of all the criticisms you could aim at Mitt Romney, there is none that has less validity than that one. In fact, the vast majority of people who read this column -- whether they're liberal, conservative, or moderate -- probably don't personally know a single person who has proven to be more generous and compassionate than...
The hospital was in Massachusetts. Romney was a candidate for the Senate when he toured the hospital, and it was the only one he had contact with. Isn't it enough that he provided milk for all the patients for TWO YEARS and didn't want it publicized? Would you be happy if he had supported all the VA hospitals? Would you be satisfied if he had given all his money to the hospitals, then jumped off a cliff? You sound like the spoiled kid who gets a Miata for graduation and throws a tantrum because it's not a Porsche.
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 31 minutes ago
- Russian FM after meeting with Kerry: Russia has no “common vision” on Crimea with the west Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Soon, you might be able to carry a gun just about anywhere in Georgia Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Kerry retreats on recognition of Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Brown ramping up Senate run in New Hampshire: AP Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago