I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
Well, the German Nazis were clearly socialists and nationalists. Their own name betrays them as such; The National Socialist Gernan Workers Party. Contrary to popular belief they were NOT right wingers but rather left wingers. They believed in Socialism and Big Government. They selected certain groups, i.e. the Jews and demonized them just as the Dem Party demonizes the "rich" and more pointedly heterosexual white males. Hitler openly admired Mussolini and his Fascist government which was quite clearly left wing. The Nazis passed the Nurenburg Laws just as the Dems insist on affirmative action which clearly discriminates against whites and abortion on demand. And the similarities could go on and on......
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 5 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 7 hours ago