Guy covered this in detail a few days ago, but there’s at least two points worth re-emphasizing: (1) The budget process commonly known as “sequestration” originated in the corridors of the White House, and was signed into law by President Obama himself. Hence, the president’s insistence that Republicans are somehow solely responsible if the negotiations fail -- and the cuts kick in -- is erroneous. (2) The negative consequences of sequestration -- discussed endlessly by this president and his lieutenants -- are exaggerated to a mystifying degree. Yuval Levin blew the lid off Team Obama’s opportunism and endless...
In response to:
Good question. I've lost count. I'm so tired of this "crisis" nonsense......I stopped worrying about it all. Problem is that if and when a real "crisis" comes along....none of us will pay any attention to it. But, then maybe thats what Obama's plans are.
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 20 mins ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 59 mins ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago