But not much. The 168 members of the RNC grappled with the consequences of losing the presidential race, losing the Senate and losing seats in the House....
It's frustrating that McCroy doesn't even understand why he really lost to Perdue in 2008. NC has the "Straight Ticket" voting option on our ballots. None of the people who voted for Obama even knew who Perdue was, they simply marked "Vote Straight Ticket" and Purdue won. That option should not even be allowed on a voting ticket. If people want to pick who they support that's fine, but voting a straight ticket is what killed McCrory in '08.
The Republican National Committee chose to hold its recent winter meeting in Charlotte because North Carolina was a rare bright spot in last year's presidential election. Although it was the high-profile site of the Democratic National Convention, North Carolina became one of just two states won by Barack Obama in 2008 that went for Mitt Romney in 2012. (The other was Indiana.) So being in North Carolina made Republicans feel a little better.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 12 hours ago