But not much. The 168 members of the RNC grappled with the consequences of losing the presidential race, losing the Senate and losing seats in the House....
It's frustrating that McCroy doesn't even understand why he really lost to Perdue in 2008. NC has the "Straight Ticket" voting option on our ballots. None of the people who voted for Obama even knew who Perdue was, they simply marked "Vote Straight Ticket" and Purdue won. That option should not even be allowed on a voting ticket. If people want to pick who they support that's fine, but voting a straight ticket is what killed McCrory in '08.
The Republican National Committee chose to hold its recent winter meeting in Charlotte because North Carolina was a rare bright spot in last year's presidential election. Although it was the high-profile site of the Democratic National Convention, North Carolina became one of just two states won by Barack Obama in 2008 that went for Mitt Romney in 2012. (The other was Indiana.) So being in North Carolina made Republicans feel a little better.
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 20 hours ago