But not much. The 168 members of the RNC grappled with the consequences of losing the presidential race, losing the Senate and losing seats in the House....
It's frustrating that McCroy doesn't even understand why he really lost to Perdue in 2008. NC has the "Straight Ticket" voting option on our ballots. None of the people who voted for Obama even knew who Perdue was, they simply marked "Vote Straight Ticket" and Purdue won. That option should not even be allowed on a voting ticket. If people want to pick who they support that's fine, but voting a straight ticket is what killed McCrory in '08.
The Republican National Committee chose to hold its recent winter meeting in Charlotte because North Carolina was a rare bright spot in last year's presidential election. Although it was the high-profile site of the Democratic National Convention, North Carolina became one of just two states won by Barack Obama in 2008 that went for Mitt Romney in 2012. (The other was Indiana.) So being in North Carolina made Republicans feel a little better.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 6 hours ago