We generally try to reserve the "pure gold" label for truly irresistible instances of flagrant hypocrisy and irony. To wit, our last usage came while flagging a clip of President Obama ripping into President Bush's "unpatriotic" accumulation of $4 Trillion in debt over eight years ... just after Obama eclipsed the $4 Trillion mark himself after just two-and-a-half years on the job. That reminder seems especially relevant this week, since we now find ourselves on the precipice of blowing past the $16 trillion national debt mark. It'll probably happen by week's end. In any case, and without further...
"one out of every six hospitals and nursing homes that primarily serve Medicare recipients would go out of business, due to Obamacare's Medicare cuts. Those are cuts to current seniors." I participate with a group of performance dancers who go to senior citizen's nursing homes to entertain them. We don't charge these homes. It boggles the mind how poorly maintained these facilities are now. I'm sure the staff is doing the best they can under extremely difficult situations, the ones I've witnessed appear caring & gentle. But conditions of the homes are deplorable. Bad as they are, at least they are in existence, which it appears will not be the case very soon under Obama's plan. This is not acceptable.
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 29 mins ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Survey USA shows GOP prospects brightening in Georgia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Mitch McConnell’s empty promise: We’ll force Obama to rein in government or else risk a shutdown Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago