But not much. The 168 members of the RNC grappled with the consequences of losing the presidential race, losing the Senate and losing seats in the House....
check your oven...your corn bread ain't done in the middle.
The Republican National Committee chose to hold its recent winter meeting in Charlotte because North Carolina was a rare bright spot in last year's presidential election. Although it was the high-profile site of the Democratic National Convention, North Carolina became one of just two states won by Barack Obama in 2008 that went for Mitt Romney in 2012. (The other was Indiana.) So being in North Carolina made Republicans feel a little better.
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 59 minutes ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago