But not much. The 168 members of the RNC grappled with the consequences of losing the presidential race, losing the Senate and losing seats in the House....
check your oven...your corn bread ain't done in the middle.
The Republican National Committee chose to hold its recent winter meeting in Charlotte because North Carolina was a rare bright spot in last year's presidential election. Although it was the high-profile site of the Democratic National Convention, North Carolina became one of just two states won by Barack Obama in 2008 that went for Mitt Romney in 2012. (The other was Indiana.) So being in North Carolina made Republicans feel a little better.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 3 hours ago