But not much. The 168 members of the RNC grappled with the consequences of losing the presidential race, losing the Senate and losing seats in the House....
check your oven...your corn bread ain't done in the middle.
The Republican National Committee chose to hold its recent winter meeting in Charlotte because North Carolina was a rare bright spot in last year's presidential election. Although it was the high-profile site of the Democratic National Convention, North Carolina became one of just two states won by Barack Obama in 2008 that went for Mitt Romney in 2012. (The other was Indiana.) So being in North Carolina made Republicans feel a little better.
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago