By now, it shouldn’t be a surprise that the...
I am a public school teacher. I am NOT a liberal/progressive nut case. The AFT is the worst thing to ever happen to our district. It "negotiates" for a non-binding written policy statement. The union leaders sit on their butts and do nothing except earn a lot of money. I do NOT belong to the union. Thank God I'm in a district that allows me the choice to belong or not. Personally, I would prefer a 401k plan instead of the pension plan we have. I believe the district would be much better off without the union and those of us who DO TEACH and CARE ABOUT EDUCATION, could get back to teaching. Not all teachers are bad. The majority really care and hate the unions too. We also hate the current unnecessary gov't rules that LEAVE STUDENTS BEHIND!
Governor Jindal signed a momentous education package into law this past April. Jindal’s education package was full of conservative reforms. The most notable conservative reform, and one championed by the late Milton Friedman, is the dramatic expansion of the state’s voucher program. School vouchers were originally concentrated on post- Hurricane Katrina New Orleans, but school choice is being extended to the rest of the state under Louisiana’s new law. There are now 380,000 poor and middle-class students in low-performing schools who are eligible for school vouchers in Louisiana.
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 41 mins ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 13 hours ago