The problem for my family—and millions of families like mine—is that new cars are expensive, and the government is making them more so. In fact, a recent report revealed that more stringent government regulations for cars’ fuel efficiency (what’s known as the “CAFE standard”) will raise the average cost of new automobiles by nearly $3,000. That will price millions of would-be buyers out...
And emissions don't actually go down (the stated goal of the regs) because people hold on to older cars longer than they would have without the regs.
I need a new car. I recently had my fourth child, and while everyone fits in our current vehicle, one person must ride in the far back, which seems awfully vulnerable in case of an accident.
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago