The problem for my family—and millions of families like mine—is that new cars are expensive, and the government is making them more so. In fact, a recent report revealed that more stringent government regulations for cars’ fuel efficiency (what’s known as the “CAFE standard”) will raise the average cost of new automobiles by nearly $3,000. That will price millions of would-be buyers out...
And emissions don't actually go down (the stated goal of the regs) because people hold on to older cars longer than they would have without the regs.
I need a new car. I recently had my fourth child, and while everyone fits in our current vehicle, one person must ride in the far back, which seems awfully vulnerable in case of an accident.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago