While most media accounts of the fiscal cliff fiasco have focused on Republicans' travails, few have adequately noted Democrats' starring role in our current dysfunction. Harry Reid obstructed a vote on the president's plan, Nancy Pelosi whipped votes against her own erstwhile plan, and the president has fully retreated from ideas he supported as recently as last year. A pre-Christmas Wall Street Journal article walks readers through the failed...
In response to:
Reminds me of the Israel/Palestinian neogtiations awhile back. The Israelis offered to give the "Palestinians" over 90% of what they asked for (50-50% is considered a fair negotiation) and the terrorists said "No!". AQnd who has been to blame? Why, the Israelis of course. Why? Because insane people do insane things.Welcome to the new America. White is black, up is down, lies are truth. I wish I had a solution but there is no earthly cure for the sickness that infects this nation. Only God Himself and the Lord Jesus Christ can do this. Without them...? Well, I challenge us to prove there is any other hope.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 5 hours ago