Just a poimnt about the potential abuse of the "consensual sex" argument. The argument must give us pause because the pregnancy resulting from rape is, in fact, a punishment for the rape victim. There can be no logical application of that, however, to the consensual participant. Sex is fundamentally and, without effort to impede, almost inevitably procreative. There is and can be no excuse to claim ignorance (ignorance of indisputable physiological reality is no excuse when it comes to the law). The person is responsible for the consequences of sex the moment he or she acts on it.
Most of my columns are meant to expose the hypocrisy of self-described liberals who have taken over our institutions of higher learning. However, on some occasions, I attempt to address misguided thinking among self-described conservatives. An example is my recent column “Romney and the Rapist,” which was described by many readers as either “weird” or “convoluted” or both. Those descriptions are indeed accurate and reflect the intention behind the controversial essay. It was my intention to write a column that would identify absurd arguments as a means of drawing out the flawed reasoning of those who would support Romney’s proposed rape...
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago