Years ago I had exactly this same conversation with an idiot at a union meeting (before I swore off unions forever). The moron belonged to the National Labor Party, a communist labor movement that was pushing for a Constitutional Amendment that would require a federal minimum wage of $10.00 and hour. After providing the crowd, and this moron, with a session of Economics 101, and explaining that IF the federal minimum wage was increased to $10.00 and hour, and the union(s) did not receive the same % of increase in wages, our buying power would be reduced by that exact percentage. I certainly didn't make any points with the union, but you can't talk sense, economically or otherwise, with idiots.
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 3 hours ago