As the news starting pouring in about what happened in the theater this week when Satan’s spawn James Holmes donned Kevlar and a small battery of weapons and opened fire on an unsuspecting crowd, I kept thinking, “One fast-thinking and trained person who was armed/licensed with a concealed weapon...
If the reporting of this tragedy is accurate, I believe in one way it points out that must issue concealed carry laws work. The suspect in this tragedy wore body armor and a ballistic helmet. If he did not anticipate encountering an armed individual these precautions would have been unnecessary. Also his attire sounds very similar to what police SWAT teams wear. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that this would cause some confusion during this incident. This confusion might cause an armed individual to hesitate before firing on the gunman. Both of these factors would give the gunman an edge in a confrontation. I have seen many comments that because he was armored a handgun would have been useless in this situation. I...
I would venture to guess that the folks filing in to see the latest Batman installment in Aurora, Colorado last Thursday evening didn’t figure on over 70 of them getting shot before the credits rolled. The last count I received before filing this column was 12 dead and 59 wounded.
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Fox poll shows majority of likely voters support ground troops against ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago