As I wrote yesterday, Dianne Feinstein's "assault weapons" bill is pretty much dead. Why? Harry Reid won't bring it to the floor for a vote as part of a larger gun control package but has given Feinstein the option to offer the legislation as an amendment. Why? Because he couldn't round up even 40 votes, which means a dozen Democrats (not just those evil Republicans) were planning to vote against it. Reid's move to not bring the legislation to the floor caused CNN's Piers Morgan, who has been using the Sandy Hook tragedy to boost his pathetic ratings, to have...
If you look at the establishment of the Dept. of Education, Roe & Doe and Sodomy laws, you will find the courts have been SHIFTING power from the states to the federal government for years. This is deliberate; without changing a word in the Constitution they have managed to pull in power to themselves. Never forget that the "Supreme Court" is part of the FEDERAL government, and as such, is just as power hungry as the other two branches of the federal government.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago